Geneva Complex Child Custody Lawyer
Legal Advocates Handling Complex Custody Cases in Kane County
Filing for divorce is a complicated and emotionally draining process, especially when you and your spouse have children together. Indeed, no child custody matter is ever easy, even if the decision to divorce is mutual. Even cases where the parents can agree to a visitation schedule often have complex legal issues. When you are involved in a complex child custody matter, you should always discuss your case with a dedicated child custody attorney.
At OSH Law, we know that child custody cases can be particularly contentious. You deserve to have an advocate on your side who can help you to achieve the outcome you are seeking. By working with attorney Otto S. Hurtado, you will have a responsible and experienced attorney who has devoted himself to family law work. Mr. Hurtado treats each case with individual attention and respect, and he works tirelessly on behalf of his clients.
Learn More About Complex Child Custody Cases
Child custody cases frequently arise when spouses in Illinois decide to file for divorce. As such, custody matters are governed by the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act (750 ILCS 5/601). The statute takes into account many different types of custody issues, but you should always discuss your case with a child custody lawyer. At OSH Law, we handle many types of complex child custody cases, including but not limited to those involving some of the following situations:
- Third-party custody, or custody cases that do not involve one of the parents;
- Grandparent custody and visitation;
- Custody cases in which one parent is not a U.S. citizen;
- Custody cases in which one parent lives in another state;
- Arrangements for child with special medical or psychological needs;
- Custody matters involving one or both parents with physical health concerns;
- Custody matters involving one of both parents with mental health issues;
- Child abuse in custody and visitation cases, including physical, emotional, or sexual abuse;
- Issues involving alcohol abuse;
- Modifications due to one parent’s relocation; and
- Custody issues involving unmarried parents.
Complications occur in many different child custody cases. To be sure, complex custody matters arise with much frequency during divorce proceedings in Elgin. Our strategy will depend largely on the specific facts of your case, and it is important to discuss your concerns with us. At OSH Law, we pride ourselves on working individually with each client and dedicating ourselves to achieving the most favorable outcome in your case. Regardless of the complexity of your situation, we have years of experience assisting clients with a variety of complex custody issues.
Contact an Experienced Child Custody Attorney
Do you have a complex child custody issue that requires an experienced family law attorney? You should not hesitate to contact a responsible and dedicated Batavia child custody lawyer about your case. At OSH Law, we provide representation to clients in many areas of family law and divorce, including complex child custody matters.
Contact our offices today at 331-248-8190 to learn more about how we can assist you. We serve clients throughout Kane County in Geneva, North Aurora, and South Elgin.